Hotel life - part 2

In such an unusual situation, there seem to be some tips. I wrote down these things.

Using my brain

  In a hotel, I tend to lie in bed, watching TV for a long time. Lying in bed is easy and relaxing but it brought down my dairy rhythm. It is also not good for the mental point of view because my physical condition had gotten worse. If this is a few days' stays, it may be no trouble. But spending over 10 days might affect our body. My symptoms are like feeling tired, sleepy always, feeling bad. I think it is an initial symptom of melancholia.

So I changed my ordinary routine like this.
 - switch off TV
 - Instead of watching TV, listing music using Bluetooth speaker via PC or smartphone
 - sitting on chair instead of lying in bed.
 - using PC, writing something like this, programming using cloud platform(it's same when I was in Osaka)
 - reading books of kindle
Using the brain is very good because it it stimulates the frontal lobe. (Watching TV for no purpose is not good for brain because we don't use my brain and brain function seems to be weakened)

Constant stress stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal capsule (HPA), and produces cortisol constantly, damaging our hippocampus and frontal lobe. It is said to be one of the mechanisms of melancholia (https://wedge.ismedia.jp/articles/-/373). So doing good things for the brain above improve melancholia. Especially for me, it had an effect on me very much.

Taking exercise

 In a hotel life, I have a little chance of using muscle because the hotel room is small, so walking around about 1 hour over is good for me. My routine for the weekend is to leave the hotel at about 11 AM, buying lunch boxes, eating it at the park, and walking around the town and go back to hotel about 3-4 PM. Using a pedometer is good because I can check the number of my total steps.

Good sleep

 waking up and going to bed at a fixed time is good for good sleep. Sleep is a very important thing for me. It refreshes my brain and brings a fresh feeling. So managing sleeping time is an important thing for me.

Taking balanced diets

 In Osaka, we have balanced diets but in such single life, caring my body is very important. Writing here is one option.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pops

Earthquake happend in Japan

Goldsmith College, UK

Iga ueno city, Ninja museum

Our new family !