Try AWS

This weekend, I tried to sing up AWS(Amazon Web Service).
I wanted to do it, but hesitated to do. One reason is it needs credic card and second reason is it seemed difficult to do.

At first, I planed to take part in free seminar around Osaka, but after netserfing internet, I found that it was not so difficult*1 to sign up, so I tried today.

It took about 1 hour to finished. It might be about 10 min if there were no trouble.
I first select Tokyo machine to make instance, but changed my mind to default machine (oregon, USA) because it was cheaper than tokyo.
After finished AWS setting, I connected my AWS by terminal.
At first I couldn't connect*2, but somehow I could. Then installing Apache, and finnaly
I can access my server (below). I was deeply moved when I saw this screen !



It is good period now because I can have my own server with no cost and can use it anywhere !
I accessed my college's server via telephone line when I was college student (late 80' to early 90') and after 30 years I can do via internet to USA server.

*1 http://liginc.co.jp/web/programming/server/39969
*2 I forgot setting http(port 80) and ssh(port 22) inbound traffic permission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pops

Earthquake happend in Japan

Goldsmith College, UK

Iga ueno city, Ninja museum

Our new family !