The life without TV

For about one and half year, we didn't watch TV because my wife prohibited swiching on TV since our baby was born on May 2009. (She think that it is not good for children to watch TV.)
At first, I didn't acustomed to the life without TV, but soon became acustomed to that.

Last week when winter holiday season(from Dec. 28 to Jan. 3) began, I watched TV but all of them were boring to me. The quality of TV program is very low and worthless.
Indeed, I always watch internet streaming BBC, France 24, Aljazeera and get news from Google news, etc and that's enough if I waste time seeing worthless TV Programs.
And I remembered the same thing I thought when I was university student that many of our college students seemed to be very fool because they read manga all the time and the level of their talk was very low level and I was very disapointed. Our college (Tokyo Institute of Technology) was not low level and indeed they were good at solving problems but there were few people I was inspired. Of course, there are a few people that I thought were so good! but most of such people were from other country. And Watching TV program, I was remember such things that I had thought 20 years ago.

I think that the most important things is the true intelligence and wisdom, not the mechanical ability of memorizing, score of IQ.If we want to seek a true intelligence and wisdom, internet and English is essential because we can get infinite amout of informations and views and insights.(of course, it goes without saying that good books are important.) The ability of solving the exam problem is not important. Nowaday, true intelligence is required and I want to seek that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pops

Earthquake happend in Japan

Goldsmith College, UK

Iga ueno city, Ninja museum

Our new family !